Hey there bud, I ran into an issue and hope you can help.=) I left a message with the details on the rpgmakerweb page for this plugin. If you could take a look I would really appreciate it.
Characters List plugin for RMMV
A downloadable plugin for Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android
I'm still pretty busy with my main project, but after a few requests,
I took some time to rewrite one of my first plugins for public use.
Introduction / Features
This plugin is part of a Suikoden features plugins series and works similarly to the Tablet of Stars.
For those not familiar with it, it's a feature designed for games with big rosters and hidden characters. Any game having a characters collection feature can probably find some use for it (pokemon-like).
So what does this plugins do exactly ?
It allows you to display a customized list of characters, while hiding characters the player haven't recruited yet,
and displaying some hint to find them.
How to use
This plugin is not plug&play !
You need to at least configure the Menu switch (turn it on in game), and the Characters list (with existing actor ids).
There's a demo project available to download showing some possible uses of this plugin.
You can use this page or drop on my Discord server for questions.
Credit : TWings
Free to use for non-commercial games.
Contact me for commercial games.
- Version 1.30 :
- New Show Switch parameter.
- Improved some parameters naming and description.
- Version 1.24 :
- Parameters input improvement.
- Version 1.23 :
- Enabled use of special characters like \V...
- Version 1.22 :
- Customisable columns number.
- Version 1.21 :
- Improved input for Hint and Unlocked text. WARNING : Those fields (even empty ones) must be reinitalised if you were previously using an older version !
- Memory usage optimisation.
- More detailed and organised plugin description.
- Version 1.20 :
- Hint and Unlocked text can now use up to 4 lines.
- The Shadows option wasn't properly handled.
- Version 1.11 :
- New plugin commands to call the window directly in events.
- Version 1.10 :
- Optimisation for wide windows.
- Customisable hidden name text.
- Customisable missing hint text.
- Customisable unlocked text.
- Display of hidden characters shadows.
- Version 1.00 :
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I have a small suggestion for this plugin- perhaps you could make a actor notetag like <Tablet Exclude> or something that would allow you to permanently exclude an actor from being displayed in the list for those that use invisible unobtainable characters for certain cutscenes or want a NPC character who joins the party but is not a major character to not appear on the list? Just an idea.
Congratulation on your first released plugin ;)