Introduction / Features
This plugin is part of a Suikoden features plugins series and works like the Duels.
For those not familiar with it, it's an alternative battle mode (doesn't replace the standard battle mode) where your hero can battle another enemy 1vs1 on a rock/paper/scisor kind of fight (3 special commands).
So what does this plugins do exactly ?
It allows you to create Duel Battles for any actor regardless of the player's current party.
By default, the plugin selects random actions for the enemy, but you can also define specific attack patterns.
How to use
This plugin is not plug&play !
Make sure to properly define the Attack Switch and Special Switch (that you'll use as conditions for Duel enemies skills). Be aware that those 2 switches will be used by the plugin and be turned ON/OFF during Duel Battles.
Define some specific Troops in your database for Duels (with only 1 enemy). The Duel Battle mode is not meant for several enemies in the same battle (1vs1 only).
When you turn on the Duel Battle mode, any battle will become a duel, so make sure to turn it on and off when it's appropriate.
As far as I've tested it with some of Yanfly's battle plugin, it worked, but I can't guarantee it will work well with every single plugin.
Make sure to put it after Yanfly's plugins.
There's a demo project available if you wish to see how it works.
You can use this page or drop on my Discord server for questions.
Credit : TWings
Free to use for non-commercial games.
Contact me for commercial games.
- Version 1.51 :
- Fixed a bug occuring when no attack pattern was defined.
- Version 1.50 :
- New window placement custom parameters for enemy, player and turn result.
- Version 1.44 :
- The Duel Battles were crashing after using the DuelHintClear command.
- In some cases the hint face picture wasn't properly displayed.
- Version 1.43 :
- Parameters input improvement.
- Version 1.42 :
- Multiple Hint messages.
- Performance optimisation.
- Version 1.41 :
- New turn result window option.
- Version 1.40 :
- New Hint message feature.
- Version 1.30 :
- New true Rock/Paper/Scissors mode (with customisable Guard skill).
- Customisable player Attack skill.
- Updated plugin commands to change the player attacks and special in game.
- Memory usage optimisation.
- More detailed and organised plugin description.
- Version 1.21 (Hotfix) :
- The Special vs Guard case was causing an error.
- Version 1.20 :
- Customizable player Special skill.
- Customizable enemies Attack and Special skills.
- Version 1.10 :
- There was a small compatibility issue with RMMV 1.6+.
- Fixed compatibility with YEP_BattleStatusWindow.
- Changed the refresh timing of the enemy HP gauge.
- Fixed Actor/enemy action sequences.
- Fixed a bug occuring when looping an attack pattern.
- Version 1.01 :
- A bug was crashing the game at the end of a duel battle.
- Some debug lines were displayed in the console.
- Version 1.00 :